It is time for fair treatment for working families.
* Education: We must fully fund our
educational system from pre-K through
college to ensure we are prepared for the
21st century workplace. America’s children
deserve a chance to succeed.
* Infrastructure: It’s time to rebuild America.
Repairing crumbling roads, bridges,
hospitals, and schools will spur job growth
and foreign investment in the economy and
improve quality of life for millions of citizens.
* Veterans: Investing in our veterans by
renewing our commitment to quality
healthcare, education, and job placement
assistance reaffirms our resolve to protect
our nation and those who serve. Keeping our
promises defines our character as a nation.
The right leadership now will mean a prosperous America tomorrow.
* Jobs: Now is the time to invest in the American worker by providing opportunities to retrain for the jobs of the future, preserving collective bargaining, and ensuring a living wage of at least $15/hour. When we invest in labor, we create the right to win.
* Trade: Americans deserve trade deals that work to promote industry here at home. Our farmers need trade practices that allow them to compete.
* Environment: Our future depends on recognizing the ecological and economic impacts of climate change. Investing in green energy will provide stable jobs and reduce carbon emissions.
We must ensure that every American receives their full portion of the inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
* Health care: Health care is a human right. Covering everyone with a program like Medicare for All while preserving access to private plans reduces overall costs and is the right thing to do.
* Voting rights: When we preserve voting access and security, we preserve our liberty. Therefore, I support automatic voter registration and mandatory paper verification of the vote.
* Constitutional rights: Our responsibility to the Constitution is to ensure that it truly provides equal protection under the law. I support a new effort towards an Equal Rights Amendment, which would guarantee equal pay for equal work, and include the provisions of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA).
Preparing for 21st century risks with a combination of diplomacy, human intelligence, common sense, and smart spending will keep our families safe.
* International relations: Diplomacy must always be the first course of action, and we cannot underestimate the importance of human intelligence. We have to spend smart and trust our experienced professionals.
* Common sense immigration reform: America depends on immigrants who serve their communities in so many different ways. It's time to honor their commitment to this nation by providing a clear path forward, and we must continue to secure our borders; we can and should do both.
* Domestic terrorism: We must prioritize the threat of domestic terrorism by doing what we can to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals and individuals on the no-fly list. Our children's future depends on passing reasonable bipartisan gun legislation intended to keep weapons out of the hands of those who should not have them.